Online Dating may sometimes feel a little daunting. So we’ve together a few tips and some advice to help you.
Your Profile is the first thing that will draw someone to you or not.
- Make sure your profile photo is recent.
- A good, clear profile photo and a couple of additional recent photos that shows off the real you. Be proud of who you are.
- Your profile details needs to be interesting, so not too long and yet not too short.
- Just be natural.
- There’s no need to tell your life story just yet, be positive, negativity is very off putting, write about your likes and interests.
- Say what your looking for in your partner, and not in the physical sense, consider the values you hold dear.
There are many Spammers who masquerade as real people. So it’s always good to play it safe.
- When getting to know one another in the early stages, it’s better to use the Old Style Dating messaging instead of something like WhatsApp or any other external messaging system. Spammers prefer to draw people to their own channel of communication.
- If you intend to use WhatsApp to communicate, it might help to google the mobile number being sent to you.
- If you intend to communicate via email, again google the email id.
- Don’t give out any personal information immediately.
- Don’t agree to meet up straight away, but also be suspicious if they never want to meet up.
- Be suspicious if they say they travel abroad a lot.
- Be suspicious if their language is like poetry, e.g. “ let’s sleep under the stars”.
- Never hand over any money
Date Night Tips
We hope you have a fabulous date, and have more to follow, but we just want to ensure you are kept safe.
- Always tell someone you trust where your going.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged.
- Don’t get drunk.
- Make prior arrangements to get home safely.
- Meet in a public place
- .Meet at the venue, don’t get picked up from your home.
- If you are feeling uncomfortable during the date, find the venues staff and ask them to call you cab.
- If your date has behaved in any way in appropriately then inform us ASAP.